Read below to find out what our students have been up to. These are few articles, poems, essays written by them in various media centers. Here you will also find updates related to our Online school in regards to news and achievements.
- November 2015 – Newspaper
- October 2015 – Newspaper
- Einstein Lawrence- Thanks to Ms. Ledy Scott and Ms. Karen BarrazaClose
I want to take this time to appreciate Miss Ledy Scott, who is Joshua’s Geometry teacher, and Mrs, Barazza, Spanish II.
I think Joshua received the best teachers when these two ladies were assigned to him. I am eternally grateful for the efforts they made with helping Josh with the subjects and also with their encouragement to him. In our island, Josh is the only child I know who is home-schooled and actually registered in a school online. People tend to think that everything is computerized and he does not deal with real people. They are soo wrong.
Miss Scott has a way of explaining Joshua’s mistakes in a way that is out of this world. I went to school 35 years ago and no teacher I had ever worked with me in such a way. Miss Barazza is the same thing.
Sometimes the works of many teachers go unnoticed and unappreciated. I have personally thanked both ladies and I want to let management know how fine they are. All of the teachers were good, but sometimes you have to pinpoint those who go above and beyond the call of duty. I would hand them lifetime Teachers Awards if I could get to do so.
Thank to Forest Trail once again for giving my son the opportunity that he would not have had otherwise. Once the 10th grade is closed off, I will take Josh a week’s vacation (well deserved) and when we return in early November I will sign him up to start another chapter in his life.
I would like for those at the very head of Forest Trail to see this email please so kindly circulate it to them.
oh, I also want to say thanks for allowing me to be a part of the accreditation process as a parent. It was a once in a lifetime experience that no other parent in the BVI has ever had. Except for an elite private school, none of the schools in the Territory are accredited, and I am humbled to have taken part.
Wishing all of the very best.
- Einstein Lawrence- Thanks to Ms. Ledy Scott and Ms. Karen Barraza
- May 2015 – Newspaper
- Eugenia Camacho – NCSA Athletic Recruiting Profile
- Drew Hendershot – Michigan State University (Gymnastics)
- Amanda Atanasson – Louisiana State University (Tennis)
- Noelle St. John – The Ohio State University (Synchronized Swimming)
- Wendy Zhang University of Miami (FL) (Tennis)
- Abigail Pahz – San Jose State University (Tennis) – “Abbie is finishing her first year as a student athlete at San Jose State University. She plays tennis, had a good year academically and will be finishing both semester with a 4.0 GPA. She is studying kinesiology in hopes of either attending Physical therapy school or Physician Assistant school. She is going to be transferring to the University of Louisville to play tennis for that school and very excited to be closer to home”
Shannon Pahz (Mother)
- Accredited by Middle States Association – Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA CESS)
- April 2015 – Newspaper
- Kate Bowcutt – Accepted into both California State University- Northridge, and California State University- Fullerton. I plan to attend CSUF in the fall. As for kiting and surfing; I recently got fourth place in the “King of the North Shore” surf competition. Now I’m in training for the Dominican National Championships coming up in June.
- March 2015 – Newspaper
- February 2015 – Newspaper
- January 2015 – Newspaper
- December 2014 – Newspaper
- October 2014 – Newspaper
- September 2014 – Newspaper
- May 2014 – Newspaper
- March 2014 – Newspaper
- November 2013 – Newspaper
- August 2013 – Newspaper
- May 2013 – Newspaper
- April 2013 – Newspaper