Also, it isn’t that the recruiters don’t consider or deject these degrees. This is a sheer myth and misconception of the people. The diplomas attained from these online schools as well as the diploma attained from a traditional school goes in equal proportions and they are given equal relevance by the employers.
Why graduate early?
The answer to this question is simple i.e. just to save time. No one wants to spend years in education because that not only disallows or prevents him from applying in companies for jobs but also makes him or her expend fee on his courses. A smart student would always eye the subjects he has to master, credits he has to achieve and the knowledge he has to garnish. Eyeing these things, he goes on to attain his diploma in the shortest time possible i.e. 2-3 years and comes out with flying colors.
Another reason which lets them graduate early is that here in the online school world, students learn at their own pace. It all is dependent upon the number of hours they put into their studies. The more they focus on their coursework, assignments and credit score, faster they would be able to attain their diplomas. In the USA, the typical diploma course requires maximum 4 years to get completed. Even if you are attending a real-time school, it would minimum take 3 years for you to graduate with a diploma at the earliest. If you are graduating from your school early, you will be receiving the same diploma which you would have achieved in 4 years. Now let`s go deep into this regarding how to graduate early from high school?
How to graduate early from high school?
- Decide in advance when you want to graduate- make a decision yourself regarding when you have to graduate. Whether you have to decide a semester early or yearly early is very important. Also, keep this in mind that it`s rather much easier and feasible to graduate a semester earlier than a year earlier. Graduating a year early would put up a lot of pressure on you and there are high chances that you might end up spoiling your credit scores. In spite of this, if you need any type of help then do consult your academic counselor or advisor. He or she would help you out in framing a proper decision.
- Get an idea of the credits you actually need- after making up the decision regarding when you want to graduate now you have to get into the math of how many credits you actually need in order to graduate early. You can discuss it out with your counselor or you can even do it yourself.
For this, first look at the credit score each semester confers upon you. After this look at your report card or transcript regarding the number of credits, you have scored up till now. Now subtract the number of credits you have actually scored with the credits you need in order to graduate. This would give you the number of credits you will need to graduate as per our decided time slot.
- Get the classes you need the most to complete your high school diploma earlier- for this, you will have to make a list of all the classes you need. The subjects might vary as per your interest like math, science, geography, English etc. You have to figure out the number of semesters each subject requires. For instance, you may need 4 years of English classes and 3 years of math followed by 2 years of social studies.
- Make a list of classes you need to supplicate your graduation and thereafter- at times, you also have to focus your attention on the classes which your preferred college might give weight to while giving you admission. For instance, you might require 4 years classes of Math as compared to English of 2 years and social studies of just 1 year. So you need to focus here on the maths classes because that would only fetch you an admission after you complete your intermediate from an online school. The whole idea here is to play it out smartly because that is the need of the hour especially when you are aspiring toward up earlier.
Also, go through the admission requirements of various schools you are willing to apply so that you do not omit any error because once you are graduated, there`s no looking back from there.
- Devise up a schedule regarding the number of classes you actually need- now that you know the credits you need and the subjects and classes you need to shift your focus upon, it`s time that you devise up a schedule regarding how to manage the classes of your preferred in order to complete the graduation earlier.
For this make up a blank schedule of the number of classes you need and start filling in these blanks with the subjects whose classes you need. You can also chalk out a plan with your counselor regarding this. That would be better. Also, to cover up the semester fast you can try getting help from your teachers and school staff. Chalk out a plan regarding the subjects whose classes you require the most and get all associated help from your teachers.