Online education, though it looks easy on paper when you explore the reality, things are drastically different. Accreditation is the most important criteria for a student to observe before enrolling in an online school. An accredited genuine online high school generally takes 24 credits in a year for the child to complete his graduation in a particular subject. One credit is almost equal to 120-130 hours of work and the student can very well adjust and decide the number of hours he can devote to this particular subject and attain the credit score from that subject. Let`s now discuss on how to get the online high school credits in detail.
- Choose a good online school- the first step is to select a good accredited online school. In case you aren’t aware of the term accredited, it in simple words means authentic or approved. An institution gets accredited by reliable educational agencies of the state only when the course curriculum adheres to the standardized levels of education. An educational agency measures the school on various parameters before awarding it the accreditation. So a student should check the documents of the school thoroughly in length before selecting it finally for pursuing his or her education. A credit score from a good school means a lot as the credit score value goes. One ought to verify the claims made by the schools.
- Chose the subject in which you have to obtain the credits-it can be maths, sciences, English, commerce etc. In an online school you have the advantage of selecting the subject you are targeting majorly at and you can complete your number of working hours in that subject. As previously mentioned, a subject generally requires 120-120 hours of work in order to fully attain the 24 credits of it. For instance, you are currently in standard 11th and you want to attain your credits in English. For this, you can even communicate with your teachers who would guide you in your endeavors. They would help you in chalking down a plan that would assist you eventually in focussing on your targeted subjects and attaining the credits faster. This is the advantage of studying in an online school else in a traditional school under the burden of so many subjects and each subject consuming an equal number of hours irrespective of whether it`s important to you or not, it would become merely impossible for you to focus on your targeted subject.
- Earn the credits after the completion of the course- after you complete the course, you will earn the 24 credits of that course. Some schools agree on 22 credits while some on 24. In US most of the schools give 24 credits on completion of the course. After getting the credits, you are deemed qualified in that particular subject.
- Getting the 24 credits essential- The Tennessee Department of Education in the USA has kept the required number of credits required at 22. But in practice, the majority of the online schools require 24 credits in a subject in order to fully graduate in that subject. Completing up the 120-180 hours of work won`t be that tough keeping in mind the flexibility the students are bestowed within the online education. This flexibility of easily shuffling and switching the schedules creates a comfortable environment for study when a student can focus on a particular subject at a particular time. These 24 credits are easily gettable as long as a student gets enrolled in a good online high school, picks up his choice of subject intellectually (keeping his strengths and weaknesses as parameters) and also being self-motivated. These traits would definitely help in getting the required number of credits in the earliest time frame.
Forest Trail Academy- Your search should probably end here
When we talk of looking for a good online school or a good institution, we just cannot simply forego the name of Forest Trail Academy. This school is probably one of the best online schools today. It`s although based in the USA but it provides online education to students from all corners of the world. It`s a fully accredited K12 online school that starts right from elementary to high school education. Remember it`s just an online school and not a college.
Now, since we are talking about credits, the requirement in the Forest Trail Academy is also the same i.e. 24 credits in a year to graduate. Apart from the regular school courses, it also offers other correspondence courses, online courses like summer special courses, diploma programs, Advanced Placement classes, prescriptive programs classes etc. Once you search the website of the school, you will come across a number of courses that you can opt for.
- The course curriculum meets the Common Core Curriculum Standards.
- The school has an advanced and matured faculty that helps each and every student in whatever aspirations that student has. For instance, if a student wants to attain credits in his subjects in a more convincing and within less time. So in such circumstances, the school`s faculty is all ears to a student`s issues and they are addressed on priority.
- There`s a customized application that is specifically coded for the students using which the students log in and they are assigned all the work, lectures, reading material on the application only.
- There`s also a separate login application for parents also on which they can inquire about their student`s performance and also communicate with the school`s faculty if any need arises for.