Many students and guardians often remain perplexed and in a huge dilemma regarding how these online classes actually work. In underdeveloped countries, online education is still considered a new entrant which is a reason why many students hesitate initially before enrolling themselves. But over the years and with the boost in technology, online education has also found acceptance. It`s working hasn’t been questioned but yes confusion prevails in the minds over how do these schools teach the students via a network.
Many students often question the whole process of working up of these online classes. So here we discuss how the online high school classes actually work?
How do virtual high school classes work?
- Logging in- the first requirement is a laptop or a computer with an efficient internet connection. Software like a word processor or some other software as instructed by the school is also needed in the system for the students to complete the assignment. The student as the first need to log on the school`s website or its application if it has any. Premium schools like have their own customized application which the students can use to log in and check their assignment, lectures, coursework and get other notifications. Nevertheless, different schools have different types of CMS or Course Management Software which they use in allocating work to students.
- Listening or reading the course material given- after the students log in, the next step is to go through the lectures which may be in the form of recorded tutorials or even live lectures. After watching these lectures, the students have to read the material being sent to them. These materials are part of the course curriculum and in order to complete the assignment, one has to read these lectures thoroughly. This reading the course material isn’t everyday task. The bliss of studying online is that it gives the leisure to a student to divide up the work and study at his or her own convenience. This flexibility in the nature of online schools is favored by a lot of students.
- Completing the assignments- once a student goes through the lectures, he has to complete the given assignment. Every assignment comes with a deadline and in order to secure good grades, one should complete the assignment on time. Some of these assignments are to be completed online and some offline. Most of the courses comprise of the shorter assignments while the long-term assignments are due for the end of year or semester. Before the final exams, students will have to submit all the assignments.
- Engaging in debates- besides watching the lectures and reading the course material, the students are also made to engage in discussions and debates which strengthens their oratory skills. When the students interact with each other via a virtual network, they get to learn a lot. These debates and discussions are initiated by the instructors and teachers so as to prepare the students for fearless and open-minded speaking sessions. In short, a good online school has all the elements which are present in a traditional school.
- Queries resolving- the students can interact with the teachers on email, on chat forums and even on the phone. They can connect with the teachers to resolve any of their queries. For instance, a student gets some issues while reading the material or is unable to grasp what is being taught or explained in the lecture. He can very well knock on the teacher`s doorstep and get his queries solved within the least possible time. Moreover, schools take special heed of monitoring and reviewing the performance of every child who is studying with them. This instills trust and confidence in the child.
The working of online school is more or less similar to a traditional school. The only difference is that the online schools the teachers and the instructors communicate through a virtual network and in the traditional schools the teachers communicate in a real time. In fact, the working of the online schools is more flexible and easy than the traditional schools. Now let`s discuss an example of such a school that has imprinted its name in the list of one of the best online schools today. We are talking about Forest Trail Academy.
Forest Trail Academy- the best online institution in the world today
It is one of the premium and renowned online institution in today`s scenario. In an environment today where online education is being given a major momentum and push, Forest Trail Academy which is a fully accredited online high school
has emerged out to be one of the most sorted out options for the students. Especially for the students related from army backgrounds, homeschooled students, disabled students, dropouts etc. So these students have a very glorious opportunity of completing their high school from a reputed school. Also, note that Forest Trail Academy is an international online school and it`s not a graduation university.
Moreover, the curriculum of the school is designed and articulated as per the Common Core State Standards. The course is prepared in such a way that it acts in the best interest of the students. Apart from this, the school`s staff makes sure that each and every child grows and studies up to his highest potential. For this, the teachers keep a watch on the performance of each child and make sure that the child is flourishing well in his studies. To strengthen their commitment more, they also notify the parents of the students regularly. For this, there`s a separate login page for the parents as well. The school renders individual support to the students.
A customized app is also provided by the school using which the students log in every day to get their assignments, lecture tutorials, reading material etc. The students can also communicate with their teachers via phone, chat forums, and other mediums. There`s a very friendly and warm atmosphere wherein the teachers communicate in a friendly manner with the students. The faculty is totally experienced and it makes sure that the learners get each and every bit of their respective subjects.