Search Online Courses And Queries About Online Schooling
Dual Enrollment Program
Dual Enrollment For College Credits â Associates Degree
Forest Trail Academy affords an astronomical set of opportunities to its students by offering Dual Enrollment Program for college-bound students. The Dual Enrollment Program offers high school students with a chance to earn high school and college credits simultaneously. Our Dual Enrollment Program is in partnership with a liberal arts college, Waldorf University, located in Iowa. We are the first and only partner (at this time) with Waldorf University for Dual Enrollment in their StartPoint program.
Student enrolled in the Dual Enrollment Program are provided a head start to their collegiate endeavors while completing high school. Students enrolled in the program will receive academic college experience that a typical college provides. Forest Trail Academyâs high school students have a great opportunity to attend college online taught by Waldorfâs experienced professors.
Costs & Credits:Â
- The courses offered by the Waldorf University are three credit hours with a tuition fee of $243.00 per class (Not per credit).
- For students under 18, parents must provide a signed statement of their intention to pay for the courses.
- The courses utilize an e-book or loan-a-book program.
- The credits/degree earned is transferable to most colleges and universities as Waldorf is regionally accredited by HLC (Higher Learning Commission).
- Our high school students who take online classes at Waldorf University will be eligible for freshman residential scholarships.
- Student must be at least 15 years of age and have completed the sophomore year of high school course with minimum GPA of 2.5.
- High school students enrolled at Waldorf University should maintain a GPA of 2.5 in both high school and Waldorf University.
- Recommendation Letter from Forest Trail Academy Administrator, Counselor or Academic Advisor.
- A copy of current High School Transcript(s).
- If Student is Home Schooled: Documented Letter to the Registrar or Director of Admissions from studentâs parent self-reporting the his/her studentâs GPA.
- Students may take one course each term.
Test Drive Opportunity:
After the successful completion of the Waldorf University course, these students will attain an opportunity to enroll into the âEntry Level Core Required Coursesâ required in many degree programs, offered by the college. Students get a chance that allows them to learn about their degree program of interest, while continuing to earn their high school diploma.
The courses include:
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Introduction to Terrorism
- Introduction to Fire Prevention
- Criminal Justice
- Health Care management
- Graphic core
- Occupational Safety
- Homeland Security
- Environmental management
- Human Resource Management
Waldorf University Course Options For High School Students
Are you looking for a Dual Enrollment Program to earn the College Credits / Associates Degree in high school? You are at a right place. Our Admissions Advisor will assist you in the Enrollment process. You can also reach us online as well as on call at 800.890.6269 / 561.537.5501
Forest Trail Academy Accreditation and Memberships