Anatomy/Physiology is a study of the structure and function of the human body. The course is preparation for advanced biological studies, biomedical nursing, and other science based careers. Laboratory experiences and text based activities provide student learning in the following topics: the major body systems; how the body systems work together to provide homeostasis; body functions in the healthy and diseased states; blood typing; muscle action; cranial nerve functioning; and bioethics. This course fulfills the graduation requirements for one elective unit of life science for the advanced academic diploma or the standard Online High School Diploma.
Materials needed for class:
You will be completing all work online, however, you will be required to complete all readings and submit all assignments throughout the course.
A-100%-90%, B-89%-80%, C-79%-70%, D-69%-60%, F-Below 60%
Your final grade will be comprised of Exams, Quizzes, Activities and Projects that we will be completing throughout the course online.
In order to receive the best grade possible and to obtain all requirements for the course, please follow the steps listed below:
• Complete each lesson, in order, as they are presented.
• Read the lesson and view any additional material the teacher provides (videos, links, etc.).
• Complete each assignment, as they appear, within the lesson. Do not skip assignments. This includes any essays, worksheets, projects, or lab activities.
• After reading all material for the lesson and obtaining a completed status on all work, proceed to the lesson’s quiz.
• Finally, upon finishing the entire course and completing all assignments, projects, essays, labs, quizzes, etc., take and submit the course survey.
Quizzes will be given after each Lesson is completed. There is no time limit on completing each lesson however you cannot continue to the next lesson until you have completed the Quiz for that lesson. The quiz will cover concepts that were presented in that lesson.
Remember “Excellence in not received it is achieved.” To achieve success in Anatomy/Physiology is important to complete all exercises, follow directions, and be prepared. Participation in online class discussions, projects, and practice time is crucial to your success. Despite the fact that this course is done entirely online we will be conducting ourselves with mutual respect for yourself, your peers, and your instructor. In short, I expect each and every student to be the “best that they can be.”